Attached Files Handling in SmartCloud Connect (Admin level article)¶
This Admin-level article contains information that is useful mostly for local SmartCloud Connect/Salesforce admins; please refer to the Overview article for general information on how attached files are shared in Salesforce and to this article to learn how to set up attachments saving in SmartCloud Connect Customization.
Preconditions for attachments saving as Content documents (Salesforce Admin settings)¶
- the setting Salesforce CRM Content User must be enabled for the Salesforce user (see below)
- the corresponding settings should be enabled by Invisible.io Support team
- the email containing the attachment has not been deduplicated
Salesforce Content document files¶
There is also a separate setting applied for individual users, Salesforce CRM Content User:
Please note that Salesforce sets special access rules for content documents; users (including users with View All Data permission) can only query files they have access to: 1. all Salesforce CRM Content files in libraries they are members of and in their personal library, regardless of the library’s permissions. 2. all Salesforce files they are Owners of - posted on their profile, posted on groups they can see, and shared directly with them.
Also refer to this article to learn how to enable linking of attachments shared in Salesforce to other business objects besides Salesforce Tasks/Email messages, via the Related to field.
When a new Attachment is added, the following fields are auto-populated:
- Name is filled with attachment name
- Body is filled with attachment body
- ContentType is filled with the attachment’s type
- ParentId is filled with the ID of created Task object
In addition, a new created Attachment supports default record fields.
Some users in an Org may not be synchronized through the system. In this case, the identity will not be known, but they are users of Salesforce. Currently, the functionality supports only the specified identities. The algorithm of user search by email from actors fields will be implemented additionally.
In rare case, it may need to link more than 100 objects with a ContentDocument at once, which exceeds the file share limit. To avoid this, the algorithm will exclude some links, but Tasks will be linked at first (see warning in log: Unexpected case for shared content ‘\<attachment name>‘ (\<attachment checksum>) - \<amount ignored links> required links will be ignored).
SmartCloud Connect effectively integrates with SpringCM document storage and can save or retrieve attachments from it. See this article for more information.
From Admin panel you can define which file extensions are allowed to be auto-shared in Salesforce along with an email/event (extensions whitelist):
Please note that attached files with non-whitelisted extensions can still be shared in Salesforce manually, if the file’s size is below the 25 Mb limit.
In addition there are more related adjustments which can be enabled on request sent at [email protected]:
- force-saving of files as Attachment objects instead of Content documents
- auto-saving of files attached to events along with the events
- set file extensions which should never be auto-shared in Salesforce, e.g. .exe or .bat files
- set maximum size of individual files allowed to be auto-shared in Salesforce, to prevent auto-sharing of oversized files
- set minimum size of individual files allowed to be auto-shared in Salesforce, to filter from sharing irrelevant small files, for example tiny images from email signatures; this filter is applied to specific file extensions
- enable/disable Task/Email message object linking to a relevant Opportunity object on email/event auto-sharing
- enable/disable linking of attached files saved as Content documents to related business objects besides the Task/Email message object on email/event auto-sharing
- autoresolving: automatic creation of Lead or Contact objects in Salesforce for sharing emails/calendar items sent to or received from contacts not registered in Salesforce (unresolved recipients/senders), if the email or calendar item is shared by assigning it the custom Salesforce category or moving it to the Salesforce emails folder.
- linking of attachments shared in Salesforce to other business objects besides Salesforce Tasks/Email messages, via the Related to field.