Choosing What to Downsync from Salesforce to Your Mail Client¶
- Calendar items
- Contacts (incl. focusing of available contacts with a preset Salesforce view filter)
Via the Dashboard’s Filters tab, you can choose which types of items should be synchronized from Salesforce to Exchange/Office 365 or Gmail (down-syncing only).
Note that disabling the switch for an item type via Dashboard Filters does not mean that items of this type won’t be synced from your mail client to Salesforce over their usual syncing patterns (see the articles linked above).
To choose which records should be down-synced, do the following:
1. In the Dashboard, go to the Sync settings > Filters page. You will see blocks with each item type.
>>> Click to see a screenshot <<<
2. Disable or enable Salesforce → mail server synchronization (down-syncing) for different item types using the switch buttons
Synchronizing Tasks and Calendar Events¶
SmartCloud Connect only synchronizes those tasks and calendar items which you are an Assignee or Participant of. In addition, to prevent SmartCloud Connect from synchronizing outdated and irrelevant tasks and events, it applies sliding time window dynamic filtering so only the activities that are presently happening or are coming soon are synchronized. SmartCloud Connect uses the following criteria for tasks and calendar events:
- Tasks: SmartCloud Connect synchronizes either non-completed tasks or completed tasks which were Due or were Modified over the last 2 weeks. Older tasks are omitted.
- Calendar Items: SmartCloud Connect only synchronizes meetings and appointments which occurred no earlier than 2 weeks in the past from the present date. Older meetings are omitted from syncing. For future calendar items syncing, there is no limit, all calendar items scheduled to occur in the future are synchronized with Salesforce.
Choosing Which Contacts to Synchronize¶
Also refer to this article for more information on managing contacts via SCC.
For contacts, you can further refine your synchronization criteria:
1. In the Contacts block, click Customize.
2. Choose one of the following options:
- All contacts – synchronize all available contacts
- Only my contacts – synchronize your contacts only, that is the contacts where you are a contact owner
- Custom view (and then select the desired Salesforce contact view) – synchronize contacts available in the selected Salesforce view only
3. Click Save to save your selection
Disabling Server-Side Deletion of Tasks and Contacts¶
If you do not want to have your Tasks or Contacts auto-deleted from Salesforce after you delete them from your mail server, do the following:
1. In the Dashboard, under Sync settings, click Detailed Settings
2. Toggle the the switch button to disable this item type’s aut-deletion from Salesforce.
If Deletion is disabled and the Tasks/Contacts downsyncing switch (see above) is enabled, synchronized Task or Contact removal via the mail client will result in the it being restored by SCC Synchronization on the following sync session.