Customizing SmartCloud Connect (Classic view)
SmartCloud Connect Add-In/Chrome Extension provides a wide range of customization capabilities. It includes a customization tool which allows you to do the following:
- Add or remove the support for available Salesforce object types; both standard and custom Salesforce objects are supported
- Customize the appearance of record cards that represent Salesforce objects (like adding or removing fields or changing the field sort order)
- Define filters for supported Salesforce objects
To run SmartCloud Connect Add-In/Chrome Extension customization tool, do the following:
- In the main SmartCloud Connect Add-In/Extension window, click the Menu button and then click Customization.
On top of the Customization page, use the following settings to define the Add-In/Extension behavior:
- Do not fetch data from Salesforce which is related to opened email/event during loading. Select to prevent the SmartCloud Connect Add-In from retrieving records that are related to the records associated with your emails or events. This setting reduces the time required to load the Add-In/Extension.
- Automatically insert MagicPixel to track Email opens. Select to have email tracking automatically enabled for your emails.
- The Dialer feature is no longer available.
If something goes wrong and you want to roll back to the initial Add-In/Extension configuration, you can click the Reset to defaults button located in the upper-rightmost corner. To save your changes, click Save.
Choosing a Set of Salesforce Objects to Support¶
SmartCloud Connect supports both standard and custom Salesforce objects. By default, the SmartCloud Connect Add-In/Extensions shows the following standard objects:
By using the object list in the Customize page, you can choose which Salesforce objects will appear in SmartCloud Connect Add-In/Chrome Extension. This list will contain both standard and your custom Salesforce objects.
To change a set of Salesforce objects shown in the SmartCloud Connect Add-In/Extension, do the following:
- In the Customization page, select the Salesforce objects you want to be available in SmartCloud Connect Add-In/Chrome Extension. Clicking the selected object will deselect it.
- As you select the object, the object card will appear. If necessary, use this card to customize how this object will be displayed.
!!! note “Note” The maximum number of supported custom Salesforce objects is 100.
#### Customizing the Object Card Appearance and Behavior
You can change how object cards appear and behave in SmartCloud Connect Add-In/Chrome Extension by performing the following modifications on the Customization page:
- Selecting which fields to show. You can have up to four object fields shown on the card. To select which fields to show, select the field name in the list in the card.
- Specifying the card sort order. To specify the order in which the object cards will appear in the main Add-In/Extension window or in search results, use the Sort order by list.
- Defining the search scope. To specify the scope of a search in terms of Salesforce views, use the Search in Salesforce view list (to use the default view, select Default filter of SmartCloud Connect).
- Specifying the search criteria. To specify a field or combination of fields to search by, use the Search by list.
You can also choose which fields to make available for viewing and editing in the card’s detailed view (displayed when Details is clicked in the card).
To customize the detailed view, do the following:
- On the Customization page, on the object’s card, click Customize.
- Click the field you want to add to the card. You can use the Search field to search for fields.
- Click Done.
#### Custom Salesforce Layout Support
SmartCloud Connect supports custom Salesforce layouts - for each object type, you will get the same set and order of fields in your record card as you get in Salesforce when creating or editing an object. However, you can freely change the appearance of a record card in the Add-In/Extension without affecting your Salesforce layout settings using the steps described earlier in this article.