Resolving Sync Issues
When using SmartCloud Connect, you may encounter the following issues:
- Synchronization issue. Occurs when SmartCloud Сonnect has problems synchronizing your data.
- Account credentials changed. Occurs when your Salesforce or MS Exchange credentials have changed and SmartCloud Connect can no longer access your data.
All issue-related information can be found in the Dashboard. In addition, for cases when SmartCloud Connect cannot access you Salesforce or Exchange data or when the synchronization consecutively fails for 10 times, you will receive a notification email informing you of the problem.
Resolving Synchronization Issues¶
A synchronization issue occurs when SmartCloud Connect is unable to synchronize data between Salesforce and Microsoft Exchange due to some reason. Usually, these issues are caused by incomplete data in your email application (like missing contact’s last name) or by Salesforce-side rules that may prevent users from editing or deleting records of certain types.
If a synchronization issue occurs, SmartCloud Connect uses one of the methods to notify the user about the situation:
- The record for which an issue occurred is assigned to two categories – the “Sync Error” category and the category that represents the issue description.
- Information about sync issues registered is displayed on the Issues page in the SmartCloud Connect Dashboard. To view issues for a certain record type, under Issues, select the record type. Note that you can easily open the Salesforce (or Exchange, depending in the cause) record that caused the issue by clicking the Salesforce (or Exchange) icon in the issue description.
To resolve a synchronization issue, do the following:
- If the issue occurred because the required field is empty, fill in the missing data.
- For other cases (when you do not know how to resolve the issue), it is recommended to contact the technical support (you can click the Help me resolve this issue link and send the email to [email protected]).
please note that when you are using SmartCloud Connect there should be no other software running that performs data transfer between MS Exchange and Salesforce API (e.g. Salesforce Inbox, Salesforce for Outlook, etc.) Running different MS Exchange – Salesforce sync applications simultaneously will cause sync conflicts and items duplication. If you encounter this kind of unexpected behavior, please check that with your Salesforce admin or, if you are a Salesforce admin, check for such software in the following places:
After you find apps which cause sync conflicts, please refer to this Salesforce help article to learn how to disable them.
Note that apps which use Salesforce API but do not exchange data between Salesforce and MS Exchange will not cause sync conflicts.
Renewing Salesforce or Exchange Credentials¶
If your Exchange or Salesforce credentials become outdated, SmartCloud Connect can no longer synchronize your data. You will receive a notification email informing you of the problem; the corresponding message will also appear in the Dashboard.
To renew your Exchange or Salesforce credentials, do the following:
- In the SmartCloud Connect Dashboard, in the Salesforce (or Exchange) Connection Status block, click the Change Settings button.
- Enter your new credentials and, optionally, click Force Sync to initialize the synchronization.