Authorizing SmartCloud Connect Sync to Access Your Email Service
To get SmartCloud Connect synchronization running after you set up the Add-In or change your email service used, you need to authorize SmartCloud Connect to access your MS Exchange or Office 365 data via Sync settings Dashboard.
If you use MS Exchange Impersonation, synchronization process will start automatically with no need to log in to your Exchange account. Learn more about setting up Exchange Impersonation from this article.
Perform the steps below to do that:
1. In SmartCloud Connect, click the ☰ (Menu) button and select Sync settings in the drop-down list.
2. The Dashboard page will open in your web browser; on the left-hand side of the Dashboard, select Sync settings > E-Mail Configuration
3. On the E-Mail Configuration page, click Change
4. Select your email service among MICROSOFT OFFICE 365, GOOGLE MAIL, and MICROSOFT EXCHANGE, OUTLOOK.COM OR UNSURE
5. Next, enter your corresponding login credentials in the window that appears to authorize SmartCloud Connect synchronization access to the email service.
- Office 365 OAuth window
- MS Exchange, Outlook.com and other services authentication page
!!! note “Note” When you open the SmartCloud Connect Add-In for the first time and log in with your Outlook.com / Office 365 and Salesforce credentials, it automatically starts using these credentials in Sync settings to connect your mailbox to Salesforce and starts the synchronization process. You can always change both Exchange and Salesforce accounts in sync settings later. Please refer to the corresponding article to learn more.