SmartCloud Connect Desktop (.MSI) vs SmartCloud Connect Cloud (Web) Implementation Comparison
Besides the differences in deployment summarized in this table, SmartCloud Connect Desktop (.MSI) and Cloud (Web) versions have minor differences in their feature sets.
Desktop (.MSI) features not present in the Cloud (Web) version:
- SmartCloud Connect Sidebar can be pinned (fixed for auto-opening) in all versions of MS Outlook
- Delegated calendars support:
- MS Outlook 2010 support
- MS Exchange 2010 support
- Minor limitation: requires periodic re-signing in to Salesforce (once every 2-3 days depending on local security settings)
Cloud (Web) version features not present in the Desktop (.MSI) version:
- Requires no installation, just needs to be enabled in MS Exchange web admin panel
- Works in Outlook for Mac, or in Outlook.com or Office 365 opened in a browser
- Native mobile Add-In support in Outlook for iOS or Android
- Allows inserting files as MS Outlook item attachments when creating new email or calendar items
- Salesforce sign-in should only be done once
- MS NLP suggestions on creating new Tasks / Events based on key phrases retrieved from message body are displayed in Smart Actions tab, Observations in the Sidebar
- Minor limitation: SmartCloud Connect Sidebar can only be pinned (fixed for auto-opening) in MS Outlook versions 16.0.7600.XXXX and higher (insider Fast track) or 16.0.7900.XXXX and higher (regular) available in Click-to-Run editions, such as MS Office 365.