How to Install and Run SmartCloud Connect (described for Office 365)¶
If you are a local administrator rolling out SmartCloud Connect for multiple users in your org, you can make use of Add-In mass deployment mechanisms.
Because of Office 365 standard security measures, Office 365 authorization token for SmartCloud Connect must be refreshed every 90 days, or on changing your Office 365 password - you will get a corresponding email notification when that is required. Please refer to this article for instructions how to do that.
For a description of all available installation (from an .MSI file or a manifest .XML file/URL) and logon (Sandbox, Customer/Partner Community, Single Sign-On) options, please refer to this article.
I. Install SmartCloud Connect Add-In via Installation Wizard¶
Standard Cloud/Web installation for Office 365.
To quickly install SmartCloud Connect in your Office 365, use the Installation Wizard:
Enable for Office 365 is the recommended installation option. The Download for Outlook (.MSI) option should be used only if (1) you are using MS Outlook 2010 or MS Exchange 2010, (2) if you will be running the tool in a virtual machine environment like Citrix, or (3) your SCC use scenarios involve MS Outlook Delegated calendars.
2. You will be directed to SmartCloud Connect Add-In’s page on Microsoft AppSource. On that page, click GET IT NOW, enter the email address you use to access Office 365 and sign in using your Office 365 credentials
3. Grant Microsoft permission to use/share your account information with SmartCloud Connect by filling the corresponding checkbox in the dialog that appears and clicking Continue
4. Click Install in the Add-In installation dialog window.
The Add-In has been installed.
After you install the Add-In this way, it will also be added to your MS Outlook (desktop) with the corresponding MS Exchange user account logged in.
Before using the SmartCloud Connect Add-In in MS Outlook Desktop on Windows, please make sure that you have Internet Explorer 11 installed, since it renders the SmartCloud Connect Outlook Sidebar.
II. SmartCloud Connect logon¶
Before you start, please make sure that you have a Salesforce account and an Office 365 account and you got your login credentials for these services at hand.
After the SmartCloud Connect Add-In has been installed in your Office 365, you need to open the Sidebar and log on to the Add-In.
1. To open the Sidebar:
- click the Open SmartCloud Connect button in MS Outlook Desktop ribbon
- or, if you are using Outlook.com or Office 365, refer to this article to learn how to open the Sidebar
2. Next, log on to SCC Sidebar:
2.1. Click the Connect to Salesforce button. A browser window with Salesforce OAuth page will open.
2.2. Enter your Salesforce credentials on the page or select a previously saved account’s username and click Log In.
In the screenshot above, a standard Salesforce login window is shown. Note that this OAuth window may look differently, depending on your Salesforce configuration.
2.3. Now you need to confirm granting SmartCloud Connect permissions to work with Salesforce data, by clicking Allow in the following dialog window:
3. The next setup step to complete before you can use all SmartCloud Connect features is setting up SmartCloud Connect synchronization by authorizing it to access your Office 365 data. Please follow the steps described in this article.
Refer to this article to learn what emails and calendar items you have in MS Exchange/Office 365 will be auto-shared in Salesforce if you enable the corresponding settings (calendar items auto-sharing, emails auto-sharing) after setting up SmartCloud Connect synchronization.
Please note that if step 3 is skipped, you will be able to run and use SmartCloud Connect, except for its functions which are carried out by synchronization.
III. Authorizing Mailbox Access for SmartCloud Connect Add-In¶
SmartCloud Connect works with Salesforce and Office 365 email servers, and each of these systems requires access authentication to be set up for the Add-In to work with their data.
To start using SmartCloud Connect after you’ve added it, on the first start you will need to authorize SCC to access your Office 365 data. Follow the steps below:
2. Click the button Provide Office 365 Access
>>> Click to see a screenshot <<<
3. SCC sync settings page will be opened in your web browser briefly and then you will be forwarded to an Office 365 authentication window
4. Enter your login password in this window and click Sign in
5. Confirm SmartCloud Connect access to your Office 356 mailbox data by clicking Accept in the next dialog window that appears. Note that your data transferred via SmartCloud Connect is secure and is never shared or stored anywhere, according to Invisible.io Privacy and Security principles.
IV. (Admins only) Install the Invisible Suite package in Salesforce¶
To enable the full scope of features offered by SmartCloud Connect several minor adjustments must be made in your Salesforce configuration; the Invisible Suite installation package allows to accomplish that quickly and effortlessly. Please follow the above link for complete information about installation and contents of the package.