Mass Deployment of SmartCloud Connect in MS Exchange 2013, 2016, 2019¶
Besides rolling out the product for the end users, it is highly recommended to install the Invisible Suite managed Salesforce app in your Org; it will enable the full scope of SCC features on the Salesforce side.
Please refer to this article for instructions how to mass deploy the Add-In in Office 365.
To mass-deploy SmartCloud Connect Add-In in your company, do the following:
1. Open the Exchange admin center. Please refer to the following articles to find out how to access the Exchange admin center for your organization:
2. In the Exchange admin center, go to Organization > Add-Ins (Exchange 2016/2019) or Apps (Exchange 2013).
3. Click the + (Add) button and then choose the location that you want to install SmartCloud Connect from. You can install the Add-In from the Office store or from a URL or file location:
- Add from the Office Store. At the Office Store, find “SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce” and click Add.
- Add from URL. In the URL field, enter the full URL for the SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce manifest file and click Install.
- Add from file. Select Browse, navigate to the location of the SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce manifest file and click Next.
The “SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce” Add-In will appear in the list of available apps.
4. Make SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce available to the users in your organization. To do this, in the list of available add-ins, double-click “SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce.com”. The Edit Add-in settings dialog box will appear.
5. To make the Add-In available to all users in your organization, select the Make this app available to users in your organization checkbox and then select one of the following options:
- Optional, enabled by default. Use this setting to have the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In enabled by default, allowing the users to disable it if necessary.
- Optional, disabled by default. Use this setting to have the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In disabled by default, allowing the users to enable it if necessary.
- Mandatory, always enabled. Users can’t disable this app. Use this setting when you do not want to allow your users to turn off the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In.
6. To verify that the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In was installed successfully for the user, make sure that the Salesforce ribbon group appeared in the Home tab in the user’s MS Outlook.
Defining Individual Synchronizataion Settings for a User or a Group of Users¶
In the latest SmartCloud Connect updates it is possible to push pre-defined synchronization settings to groups of users and individual users within an Org, or to all users of an Org; the users can be allowed or disallowed to adjust these settings. If you need to preset customized sync settings to different users in your Org, send us a corresponding request at [email protected].