Introduction to SmartCoud Connect¶
SmartCloud Connect seamlessly brings Salesforce into your inbox, making it easy for you to share data between both systems without having to switch back and forth.
>>> CLICK TO VIEW LEGEND <<<
1. SmartCloud Connect Sidebar's header, it contains email/event Salesforce sharing status information and the Save button for manual/direct saving of Emails or Events (Calendar items) in Salesforce. For items already shared in Salesforce the Save button is replaced by the View it button. Clicking on this button opens in SmartCloud Connect Sidebar the corresponding Salesforce object's detailed card.
3. Hover the cursor to view the menu of actions available for the record
4. Opportunity progress bar indicator
5. Click to expand the records category (tab, separator)
7. Indicates that one or several records in this category (but not all) are marked
8. The Search icon. More information here
9. SmartCloud Connect Menu icon. Quick access to:
- your Salesforce profile
- SmartCloud Connect Customization settings
- SmartCloud Connect Synchronization settings
- Recent Salesforce reports
- Help (opens this Knowledge Base)
- About (SmartCloud Connect version and subscription type)
- Refresh the Sidebar; it is sometimes required after SmartCloud Connect Customization settings were updated
- Logout from the current SmartCloud Connect account
10. The Create icon. More information here.
11. Click to open the record directly in Salesforce
13. Click to open the associated Account’s (company’s) card
14. [the Smart Actions tab was transformed into the Smart Actions bar at the bottom of the Sidebar]:
- View opens statistics
- Send meeting time slots
- Share my availability (feature unavailable in SmartCloud Connect Chrome Extension)
- Reply with a template
15. The Observations list also belongs to the Smart Actions bar. It contains information about contextual smart actions and setup checks carried out by the Add-In/Chrome Extension, e.g. email addresses filtered as internal/blacklisted, objects merging suggestions, or a suggestion to authorize MS Exchange/Office 365 access for SmartCloud Connect synchronization.
Key features provided by SmartCloud Connect:
Get Contextual Salesforce Data. SmartCloud Connect instantly brings relevant and actualized Salesforce data for any email, calendar item, contact, or task. This data is displayed right in your MS Outlook next to your email message or calendar item; it and includes associated contacts, accounts, opportunities, related events, and much more.
Synchronize Contacts, Events, and Tasks. Automatically synchronize your contacts, events and tasks between Salesforce and your email client. Synchronization requires no Add-In/Extension installation and works on any platform and for any email client that supports Microsoft Exchange Server; refer to this article for a complete list of supported email clients.
- Share Emails in Salesforce. Save your emails to Salesforce by assigning them to the “Salesforce” category, moving to the “Salesforce Emails” folder, or associating them with the related record via the Outlook Add-In/Chrome Extension. Your emails will appear in Salesforce as completed tasks with attachments.
- Create or Update Salesforce Records Right From Your Inbox. Create or update a Salesforce record of any type without leaving your mail application. For your convenience, SmartCloud Connect analyzes the contents of the email and pre-fills relevant fields when a new record is created.
- Find Salesforce Records Quickly. Search through all Salesforce records or records of a certain type right from your email to find relevant bits of information.
- Keep an Eye on Customer Engagement. With Magic Pixel email tracking feature, see who, where and when opens your emails.
- Access Chatter Directly From Your Email or Event. Communicate with your colleagues without leaving your inbox by making Chatter posts, sharing emails and attachments, and saving other information to any Chatter feed.
- Use It on Your Smartphone. With two-way synchronization between Salesforce and Exchange, your mobile device is always up to date with contacts, meetings, and tasks. Modify any contact and see it updated in Salesforce, or share an important email from your mobile in a few taps.
- Tune It the Way You Want. SmartCloud Connect is easily customized to fit your needs - choose which Salesforce objects and object fields you want to view and edit, or which criteria to use when searching for relevant records in Salesforce. Both standard and custom Salesforce objects are supported. You can also pick a customization from your colleague to get up and running quickly, or you can share your own customization with other users in your organization.