Opening SmartCloud Connect Add-In in MS Outlook (classic view)¶
When using a compatible version of MS Outlook and MS Exchange, you can leverage the SmartCloud Connect Outlook Add-In for direct reach-through from your e-mail inbox to Salesforce.
The SmartCloud Connect Outlook Add-In works in context of your email or meeting and provides you with rich contextual information from Salesforce and actions to process the email message in a most efficient way.
To open the SmartCloud Connect Add-In, do one the following:
- In Microsoft Outlook for Windows or for Mac, on the Home tab (or on the Message tab in the compose window), in the Salesforce group, click Open SmartCloud Connect.
- In Outlook.com or Office 365, click the SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce icon in the toolbar.
- In Microsoft Outlook for iOS, tap the Add-ins icon and then click Open SmartCloud Connect in the Add-ins dialog box.
Logging In to Your Salesforce Account¶
When you open the Add-In/Extension for the first time, you need to log in to your Salesforce account.
When you open the SmartCloud Connect Add-In for the first time and log in with your Office365 and Salesforce credentials, it automatically starts using these credentials in Sync settins to connect your mailbox to Salesforce and starts the synchronization process. You can always change both Exchange and Salesforce accounts in sync settings later. Please refer to this article for more information.
If you use Exchanage impersonation, the synchronization process will start automatically with no need to log in to your Exchange account. Learn more about setting up Exchanage impersonation here.
To log in to your “normal” Salesforce account, just click Connect to Salesforce button and enter your Salesforce credentials in the browser window and click Log In to Salesforce:
- Click Connect to Salesforce button. A browser window opens.
- Enter your Salesforce credentials in the browser window and click Log In to Salesforce.
To log in to Salesforce Sandbox, do the following:
- Click More options.
- Click the Connect to Salesforce Sandbox button. A browser window will open.
- Enter your Salesforce Sandbox credentials in the browser window and click Log In to Salesforce.
To log in to your Community Cloud account, do the following:
- Click More options.
- Click My Customer/Partner Community.
In the field, specify your community URL.
3. Click My Customer/Partner Community.
4. In the the “Authorization Required” dialog box, specify your username and password.
5. Click Login.