Invisible Suite Managed Package: Setup and Contents¶
To enable the full scope of Add-In features after installing SmartCloud Connect the local Salesforce admin should make several minor adjustments in Salesforce configuration: add auxiliary custom fields and classes.
Invisible Solutions made this step quick and automatic by introducing the Invisible Suite managed Salesforce package.
To install the Invisible Suite package:¶
1. Make sure that you have set up My Domain name for your Salesforce org and Deployed it to Users. Please follow the instructions in this Salesforce Help video (00:55 - 02:05) to learn how to do that. 2. Open the package installation link:
3. Log in to your Salesforce account (it must have Admin permissions in your org) 4. Select the checkbox “I acknowledge that I’m installing a Non-Salesforce Application that is not authorized for distribution as part of Salesforce’s AppExchange Partner Program.” to permit the installation 5. Indicate if you want to install the package for all users in your org, for specific user profiles, or for Admins only 6. Click the Install button in the lower right corner of the page
Please note that both the Add-In and Synchronization work without installing Invisible Suite (or setting up the necessary custom fields manually) - but in this case several useful features will be unavailable.
The Invisible Suite package adds custom fields and classes which are required for the following features to work:
1. The Attendees management component for Salesforce Lightning Experience¶
After you install the Invisible Suite package, follow this guide to enable the Attendees management component in your Salesforce org. This component will add Event attendees management controls to Event pages if you have switched to Salesforce Lightning Experience, which presently does not include an integrated component for that. Essentially, the component displays data about Event attendees which have already been synced between your Calendar and Salesforce and allows the Organizer to add more Salesforce contacts/leads to an Event’s attendees list. The changes made in the list are conveyed to your MS Outlook or Gmail calendar through SmartCloud Connect synchronization and corresponding meeting invitations are automatically sent to new added attendees.
Attendees management component limitations
1. Removing Event attendees from the list is only possible via MS Outlook/Gmail calendar, not via the Attendees manager. Please refer to this article for detailed information on special patterns applied on events handling. For this reason the following notification appears if you try to remove an attendee from the list:
2. Due to a technical restriction in Salesforce presently there is no way to get the component embedded in the New Event Salesforce form, so whenever the user needs to create a new calendar event with attendees in Salesforce, one should perform the following actions:
2.1. In Salesforce Lightning view, select the Calendar tab or click the + (Add) button and then click New Event
2.2. Populate all necessary fields of the Event in the form that appears, except for the attendees (the attendees field will not be included in the form)
2.3. Save the Event
2.4. Open the Event’s details by clicking More details and manage the Attendees using the component
How to add meeting attendees in Salesforce using the Attendees management component
1. Search for an Attendee and select one
2. Click Save in the Attendees management component.
Prevents creation of multiple Task/EmailMessage objects for the same email shared in Salesforce. Has a setup prerequisite.
Enables automatic adding of new received or sent emails to a conversation thread in Salesforce that they belong to. To enable this feature, the ConversationId field should be specified in the Thread ID field in SmartCloud Connect Admin panel.
4. Email direction indicator (inbound/outbound)¶
To enable this feature, the IsInbound field should be specified in the Email direction field in SmartCloud Connect Admin panel.
5. Defining if an email is internal (sent to or received from a colleague)¶
The custom IsInternal field of Task records is auto-filled by SmartCloud Connect depending on whether the sender’s/recipients’ email addresses or domains are categorized as internal (in-organization) ones.
Specific fields, classes, and components the Invisible Suite package adds to your Salesforce configuration:¶
|Name||Parent Object||Type||Used for|
|InternetMessageId||Activity||Custom Field||Email deduplication|
|IsCreatedBySync||Activity||Custom Field||Possibility to filter Activities auto-created by synchronization, if needed|
|IsInbound||Activity||Custom Field||Email direction indicator|
|ConversationId||Activity||Custom Field||Auto-save all emails in threads|
|Attendees Preview||User||Field Set||Attendees management|
|strike_evt||Aura Component Bundle||Auxiliary|
|Attendees Preview||Lead||Field Set||Attendees management|
|defaultTokens||Aura Component Bundle||Auxiliary|
|attendees_multiLookup||Aura Component Bundle||Auxiliary|
|strike_tile||Aura Component Bundle||Auxiliary|
|attendees||Aura Component Bundle||Auxiliary|
|Attendees Preview||Contact||Field Set||Attendees management|
|IsInternal||Activity||Custom Field||Defines if an email belongs to an internal (corporate) address/domain|
|IsOpenedByRecipient||vity||Custom Field||Belongs to a feature under development|
|IsCreatedByAddin||Contact||Custom Field||Possibility to filter contacts created from the Add-In, if needed|
|IsCreatedBySync||Contact||Custom Field||Possibility to filter contacts created by Sync, if needed|
Uninstalling the Invisible Suite package¶
Follow the steps below if you need to uninstall the Invisible Suite package from your Salesforce org:
Log in to your Salesforce account (it must have Admin permissions in your org)
Open Salesforce Setup menu
Enter installed packages in the Quick find field in the upper left corner of the page and select Installed Packages
Find Invisible Suite in the list of installed packages and click the Uninstall button next to it
Scroll down to the bottom of the page that appears and select the checkbox Yes, I want to uninstall this package and permanently delete all associated components, then click Uninstall