SmartCloud Connect Mass Deployment in Office 365¶
To install the SmartCloud Connect Add-In for your organization, do the following:
1. Open the Office 365 admin center.
2. In the admin center, go to Settings > Services and add-in’s.
- Click the Deploy Add-In button.
- In the window that appears, choose the location that you want to install SmartCloud Connect from. You can install the Add-In from the Office store or from a URL or file location.
- I want to add the Add-In from the Office Store.At the Office Store, find “SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce” and click Add.
- I have a URL for the manifest file. In the URL field, enter the full URL for the SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce manifest file and click Install.
- I have the manifest file (.xml) on this device. Select Browse, navigate to the location of the SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce manifest file and click Next.
- Wait while Office 365 prepares the Add-In for deployment. Once the process is complete, click Next.
- Set the default visibility of the SmartCloud Connect Add-In and click Next. Check the screenshot for more details.
- Optional, enabled. Use this setting to have the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In enabled by default and to allow your users to turn off the Add-In.
- Optional, disabled. Use this setting to have the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In disabled by default and to allow your users to turn on the Add-In.
- Mandatory, always enabled. Users can’t disable this app. Use this setting when you do not want to allow your users to turn off the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In.
- Make SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce available to the users in your organization.
- Everyone. Make SmartCloud Connect available to all users in your organization.
- Specific Users/Groups. In the Search users or groups to add or remove field, specify the users or groups that will have access to the Add-In in your organization.
- Only me. Select to have the Add-In only available to you.
8. Click Save.
Defining Individual Synchronizataion Settings for a User or a Group of Users¶
In the latest SmartCloud Connect updates it is possible to push specific synchronization settings to groups of users and individual users within an Org, or to all users of an Org; the users can be allowed or disallowed to adjust these settings. If you need to preset customized sync settings to different users in your Org, send us a corresponding request at [email protected].