SmartCloud Connect Mass Deployment
Besides rolling out the product for the end users, it is highly recommended to install the Invisible Suite managed Salesforce app in your Org; it will enable the full scope of SCC features on the Salesforce side.
Once you install the SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce Add-In for your organization, it becomes available for all users within it. After installation, you can make the Add-In required or optional for the users.
Please refer to this article for instructions how to mass deploy the Add-In in MS Exchange 2013, 2016, 2019.
To install the SmartCloud Connect Add-In for your organization, do the following:
1. Open Office 365 admin center.
2. In the admin center, go to Settings > Services and add-ins.
- Click the Deploy Add-In button.
- In the window that appears, choose the location that you want to install SmartCloud Connect from. You can install the Add-In from the Office store, from a manifest URL provided by Invisible solutions, or from manifest file stored on your HDD.
- I want to add the Add-In from the Office Store.At the Office Store, find “SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce” and click Add.
- I have a URL for the manifest file. In the URL field, enter the full URL for the SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce manifest file and click Install.
- I have the manifest file (.xml) on this device. Select Browse, navigate to the location of the SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce manifest file and click Next.
- Wait while Office 365 prepares the Add-In for deployment. Once the process is complete, click Next.
- Set the default visibility of the SmartCloud Connect Add-In and click Next. Check the screenshot for more details.
- Optional, enabled. Use this setting to have the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In enabled by default and to allow your users to turn off the Add-In.
- Optional, disabled. Use this setting to have the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In disabled by default and to allow your users to turn on the Add-In.
- Mandatory, always enabled. Users can’t disable this app. Use this setting when you do not want to allow your users to turn off the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In.
- Select which users in your company will be using SmartCloud Connect: Specific Users/Groups (the usual choice) or Everyone (every MS Outlook/Office 365 user in your company).
8. Click Save.
Defining Individual Synchronizataion Settings for a User or a Group of Users¶
In the latest SmartCloud Connect updates it is possible to push pre-defined synchronization settings to groups of users and individual users within an Org, or to all users of an Org; the users can be allowed or disallowed to adjust these settings. If you need to preset customized sync settings to different users in your Org, send us a corresponding request at [email protected].