Supported Email Clients for Gmail Mail Service¶
Please find the list of compatible email clients below. Note, it’s recommended to update your email client to the latest version for the best experience with SmartCloud Connect.
|Email Client||Supports Sync||Supports Sidebar Add-In|
|Gmail Web Interface||No||Yes ( Chrome Extension)|
|Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 for Windows||Yes**||Yes+Pin*|
|Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2019 for Mac||Yes**||Yes**|
|Microsoft Outlook on the Web (Outlook.com)||Yes**||Yes**|
|Outlook app for iOS or Android||Yes**||Yes**|
Any other desktop or mobile client
that could be connected to Microsoft Exchange
and supports folders and/or categories, e.g. iOS Mail app
* What does ‘Yes+Pin’ mean? Sidebar Add-In could be ‘pinned’, so you do not need to reopen it each time browsing different emails or meetings in your email client.
** You need to connect your gmail account with any Outlook.com/Office 365 account to use this functionality. Don’t worry - your email address won’t be changed to @outlook.com, you’ll still use your Gmail email address. Here are the quick steps:
- Create an Outook.com/Office 365 account or use any existing one you have access to.
- Connect Gmail to this Outlook.com/Office 365 account using this instruction from Microsoft.
- Add the Outlook.com/Office 365 account to the email client in which you want to use Add-In.
- Enable the Add-In for the Outlook.com/Office 365 account. Please refer to the section ‘Installing SmartCloud Connect Outlook Add-In’ of this KB article for more information about this.
Since SmartCloud Connect is cloud solution, it uses a browser to render its user interface. So, please check browser’s compatibility and update your browser to the latest version for the best experience with SmartCloud Connect.
|Internet Explorer 11||Full|
|Safari (Including iOS version)||Full|
|Android Mobile browser||Full|
|Internet Explorer 10||Partial|
|Internet Explorer 9 or lower||No|
If your email client is Microsoft Outlook for Windows, please make sure Internet Explorer 11 is installed in your system because it is used to render the Sidebar in Outlook.