Supported Email Clients for POP/IMAP Servers or Echange 2007¶
Please find the list of compatible email clients below. Note, it’s recommended to update your email client to the latest version for the best experience with SmartCloud Connect.
No special integration is supported for MS Exchange 2007, SmartCloud Connect can only interact with it like with any other POP or IMAP server.
|Email Client||Supports Sync||Supports Sidebar Add-In|
|Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 for Windows||Yes**||Yes+Pin*|
|Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2019 for Mac||Yes**||Yes**|
|Outlook app for iOS or Android||Yes**||Yes**|
Any other desktop or mobile client
that could be connected to Microsoft Exchange
and supports folders and/or categories, e.g. iOS Mail app
* What does ‘Yes+Pin’ mean? Sidebar Add-In could be ‘pinned’, so you do not need to reopen it each time browsing different emails or meetings in your email client.
** You need to connect your POP/IMAP account with any Outlook.com/Office 365 account to use this functionality. Don’t worry - your email address won’t be changed to @outlook.com, you’ll still use your current POP/IMAP-driven email address. Here are the quick steps:
- Create Outook.com/Office 365 account or use any existing one you have access to.
- Connect your POP/IMAP account to this Outlook.com/Office 365 account using this instruction from Microsoft.
- Add Outlook.com/Office 365 account to email client where you want to use Add-In.
- Enable Add-In for Outlook.com/Office 365 account. ‘Installing SmartCloud Connect Outlook Add-In’ section of this KB article has more info about this.
Since SmartCloud Connect is cloud solution, it uses a browser to render its user interface. So, please check browser’s compatibility and update your browser to the latest version for the best experience with SmartCloud Connect.
|Internet Explorer 11||Full|
|Safari (Including iOS version)||Full|
|Android Mobile browser||Full|
|Internet Explorer 10||Partial|
|Internet Explorer 9 or lower||No|
If your email client is Microsoft Outlook for Windows, please make sure that you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed in your system because it is used to render the Sidebar in MS Outlook.