Managing Tasks with SmartCloud Connect (Tasks Sync)¶
SmartCloud Connect synchronization ensures continuous background syncing of your work Tasks between MS Exchange/Office 365 and Salesforce. Once activated, SCC synchronization runs every 30 minutes on server side.
Refer to this article to learn how MS Exchange/Office 365 Task item fields are matched with Salesforce Tasks by SCC. Also refer to this article for more details on configuring objects synchronization.
With SmartCloud Connect, you can share and update your work tasks in Salesforce right from your preferred mail client. Task reminders are synced along with them - so you will not miss any important ones. Selective automatic synchronizing of Tasks with Salesforce offered by SmartCloud Connect is highly useful for jobs reporting and coordination.
After SCC sync is set up, to enable Tasks sync, go to Synchronization Dashboard (see the article Opening the Dashboard), open Sync Settings > Filters in the pane on the left-hand side and enable the switch button under Tasks:
Note that your Tasks existing in MS Exchange/Office 365 prior to SCC sync activation will not be synced with Salesforce, unless you specifically select them to be synced using either one of the methods described below
Sharing a Task in Salesforce¶
You can share an MS Exchange/Office 365 Task in Salesforce in one of the following ways:
- By assigning the task the custom Salesforce category. In this case on the following sync session the task will be shared in Salesforce and automatically moved to the Salesforce Tasks folder
- By moving the task to the dedicated Salesforce Tasks folder. On the following sync session the task will be shared in Salesforce and automatically assigned the Salesforce category. As long as the task stays in the folder, any changes made to it will be conveyed to its matching Task object in Salesforce
If the Salesforce category is unassigned after an item was moved to the dedicated Salesforce folder and synchronized with Salesforce, SCC sync will automatically restore the category on this item on the next sync session – items should stay synced if you just unassign the custom category from them but leave them in the dedicated folder. In the opposite case, if a synchronized item is removed from the dedicated Salesforce folder to be unsynced, SCC sync will automatically remove the custom category from this item on the following sync session.
Your personal Tasks located in the default Tasks folder or other folders in MS Exchange/Office 365 will not get shared in Salesforce. Only the Tasks assigned the Salesforce category or moved to the Salesforce Contacts folder will get shared.
Editing a Salesforce Task via SmartCloud Connect¶
You can edit a Salesforce task via SCC in one of the following ways:
- In SmartCloud Connect Sidebar, expand a related record’s card, select the Related tab and expand the necessary Task under Open activities
- Alternatively, find the needed Task among Open activities right on the Sidebar’s home screen
Opening a Task in Salesforce
To open a task in Salesforce, do the following:
- Find the necessary Task in SCC Sidebar using either of the ways described in the previous section.
- Click the Cloud icon or the icon next to the Task’s header; the Task will be opened in Salesforce in your browser.
Changes made to a task via SmartCloud Connect Sidebar are conveyed to Salesforce immediately and do not require sync to be active, while changes made via email client will appear in Salesforce only after the following sync session.