How to Send Meeting Time Slots (Adaptive view)
SmartCloud Connect enables you to schedule meetings with your business contacts without any extra back-and-forth email correspondence. Select available time slots in your calendar, also considering availability of your colleagues involved, create and send out interactive meeting invites, get your calendar automatically updated according to the recipient’s time choice. Additionally, SmartCloud Connect can add activities created this way immediately to your Salesforce CRM.
To create an invitation and schedule a meeting:
1. Create a new email message by clicking the New email or the Reply button in MS Outlook ribbon and specify one or multiple recipients in the To, Cc, or BCC fields.
2. In SmartCloud Connect sidebar, click the Send meeting timeslots icon under Smart actions.
3. SmartCloud Connect will read your MS Outlook or Google calendar data and build daily tables of your unoccupied time slots. Choose the meeting’s date using the calendar control on the top of the Sidebar and then pick one or multiple possible meeting time slots by clicking on an empty slot and dragging the cursor down to define the meeting’s duration. Please note that you can select multiple time slots on different dates: after you have picked slots on one date and then switch to another date using the calendar control, all previously selected slots are stored. Click Next after selecting the meeting slots to proceed.
!!! note “Note” For your convenience, if any of the meeting attendees are your colleagues (their email addresses categorized as internal), their parsed calendars will also be shown at this step, so you will be able to select meeting time slots also suiting their calendars:
Additionally, in the latest versions of SmartCloud Connect you can setup MS Outlook reminders to be created automatically for meetings initiated via Scheduling Assistant.
!!! note “Note” in the latest updates of SmartCloud Connect if you select several adjacent time slots, they do not get merged and several different slot links are generated.
4. On the next page, fill in the details: Meeting subject, Location and Duration, Body (Description). The Meeting subject field is prefilled with the subject of related email message. The Attendees and Optional attendees fields are prefilled with email addresses from the To/CC fields and the BCC field respectively; you can add more possible attendees by entering their email addresses in the line. If you need to exclude a recipient from the invitation, click ( x ) next to their email address. Note that in the Attendees list external ones a listed first, then the internal ones.
In Location picklist you can select a location from your MS Exchange rooms resources or manually enter a location; the Duration is set automatically based on the size of the smallest slot you picked on the previous screen. At this step you may also select a record to associate the event with from the Save to Salesforce record picklist. Please note that if you leave this field blank the event will not be auto-shared in Salesforce. Additionally, on this page you can change the meeting time zone in the Slots in drop-down list and cancel some of the time slots selected on the previous step by clicking ( x ) next to them.
5. Click Next to insert generated time slots links into your email message.
The recipient getting the meeting invitation links will be able to select their preferred slot for the meeting from among the possible options you suggested by clicking the necessary slot in the interactive table or dragging the Book a meeting control into it. Additionally, the recipients can select their actual time zone in the upper left corner of the scheduling page in order to learn what local time the time slots correspond to.
After a slot is selected a confirmation dialog will appear. Please check the screenshots below.
Once the first recipient selects a time slot, the calendars of the organizer and other attendees will be automatically updated and a corresponding email notification will be sent out to them.
!!! note “Note” if the meeting time slots links are sent to multiple recipients (potential attendees), only the slot picked by the first attendee who books the meeting is considered, the rest attendees will not be able to pick other time slots, the time slot choice will locked for them:
!!! warning “Important” The time slot links are valid for two weeks; they expire after the meeting time passes or 14 days after they are generated. A meeting can be scheduled for any date in the future, but the recipients must pick their preferred time slots within 14 days. This period can be adjusted on request.
!!! warning “Important” please note that when you are using this feature from the Sidebar running in MS Outlook on a mobile device you will not be able to edit the text of the resulting email – a pre-configured Salesforce message template will be used instead and the message with the links you generated will be sent by the Add-In directly.