How to Install and Run SmartCloud Connect (described for Office 365)¶
if you are a local administrator rolling out SmartCloud Connect for multiple users in your organization, you can make use of Add-In mass deployment mechanisms.
For a complete description listing all available installation (including Add-In installation from .MSI of from a manifest .XML file or URL) and logon options (Sandbox, Customer/Partner Community, Single Sign-On), please refer to this article.
I. SmartCloud Connect Add-In Installation via the Wizard¶
Standard Cloud/Web installation for Office 365.
To quickly install SmartCloud Connect in your Office 365, use the Installation Wizard:
1. Click Enable for Office 365
2. You will be directed to SmartCloud Connect page on MS AppSource. There, click GET IT NOW, enter the email address you use to access Office 365 and sign in using your Office 365 credentials
3. Grant Microsoft permission to use or share your account information by filling the corresponding checkbox in the dialog that appears and clicking Continue
4. Click Install in the Add-In installation dialog window.
The Add-In has been installed.
After you install the Add-In this way, it will also be added to your MS Outlook (desktop) with the corresponding MS Exchange user account logged in.
Before using the SmartCloud Connect Add-In in MS Outlook Desktop on Windows, please make sure that you have Internet Explorer 11 installed, since it renders the SmartCloud Connect Outlook Sidebar.
II. SmartCloud Connect logon¶
After the SmartCloud Connect Add-In has been installed in your MS Outlook Desktop or Web, or Office 365, you need to open the Sidebar and log on to the Add-In. While on stage ( III ) the sign-up wizard will authorize the Add-In to work with Salesforce and MS Exchange data, at this stage similar authentication steps are performed to set up SmartCloud Connect synchronization.
1. To open the Sidebar:
- click the Open SmartCloud Connect button in MS Outlook Desktop ribbon
- or click the SmartCloud Connect logo next to a message opened in Outlook.com or Office 365 and select Open SmartCloud Connect in the drop-down menu
- Next, log on to Salesforce:
2.1. Click the Connect to Salesforce button. A browser window with Salesforce OAuth page will open.
2.2. Enter your Salesforce credentials on the page or select a previously saved account’s username and click Log In.
In the screenshot above, a standard Salesforce login window is shown. Note that this OAuth window may look differently, depending on your Salesforce configuration.
2.3. Now you need to confirm granting SmartCloud Connect permissions to work with Salesforce data, by clicking Allow in the following dialog window:
- The final setup step to complete before you can use the Add-In is setting up SmartCloud Connect synchronization by authorizing it to access your MS Exchange or Office 365 data. Please follow the steps described in this article.
III. Signing Up for a SmartCloud Connect Account¶
SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce works with Salesforce CRM and MS Exchange / Office 365 email services, and each of these systems requires access authentication to be set up for the Add-In to work with their data.
To start using SmartCloud Connect, you first need to sign up for a SmartCloud Connect account. To do that, open this link and follow the Registration wizard instructions which will guide you through the registration process. Before you start, please make sure that you have a Salesforce account and an Office 365 account and you got your login credentials for these services at hand.
Once you are set with a SmartCloud Connect account you may proceed to installing the SmartCloud Connect Add-In in your Office 365 and MS Outlook.
IV. Install the Invisible Suite package in Salesforce¶
To enable the full scope of features offered by SmartCloud Connect several minor adjustments must be made in your Salesforce configuration; the Invisible Suite installation package allows to accomplish that quickly and effortlessly. Please follow the above link for complete information about installation and contents of the package.