Mass Deployment of SmartCloud Connect in MS Exchange 2013, 2016, 2019¶
To install the SmartCloud Connect Add-In for your organization, do the following:
1. Open the Exchange admin center. Please refer to the following articles to find out how to access the Exchange admin center for your organization:
2. In the Exchange admin center, go to Organization > Add-Ins (Exchange 2016/2019) or Apps (Exchange 2013).
3. Click the + (Add) button and then choose the location that you want to install SmartCloud Connect from. You can install the Add-In from the Office store or from a URL or file location:
- Add from the Office Store. At the Office Store, find “SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce” and click Add.
- Add from URL. In the URL field, enter the full URL for the SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce manifest file and click Install.
- Add from file. Select Browse, navigate to the location of the SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce manifest file and click Next.
The “SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce” Add-In will appear in the list of available apps.
4. Make SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce available to the users in your organization. To do this, in the list of available add-ins, double-click “SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce.com”. The Edit Add-in settings dialog box will appear.
5. To make the Add-In available to all users of your organization, select the Make this app available to users in your organization check box and then select one of the following options:
- Optional, enabled by default. Use this setting to have the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In enabled by default and to allow your users to turn off the Add-In.
- Optional, disabled by default. Use this setting to have the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In disabled by default and to allow your users to turn on the Add-In.
- Mandatory, always enabled. Users can’t disable this app. Use this setting when you do not want to allow your users to turn off the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In.
6. To verify that the SmartCloud for Salesforce Add-In was installed successfully for the user, make sure that the Salesforce ribbon group appeared in the Home tab in the user’s MS Outlook.