SmartCloud Connect can synchronize the records of the following types:
- Calendar events
- Contacts (including the ability to filter available contacts via a Salesforce view)
Using the Dashboard, you can choose which record types to synchronize between Salesforce and Exchange.
To choose which records to synchronize, do the following:
- In the Dashboard, go to the Sync settings > Filters page. For each record type, you will see a block.
- Turn on or off the synchronization for specific type by using the switch button.
Synchronizing Tasks and Calendar Events
SmartCloud Connect only synchronizes task and calendar events for which you are an Assignee or Participant. In addition, to prevent SmartCloud Connect from synchronizing outdated and irrelevant tasks and events, it uses the “sliding window” dynamic filtering so that only the activities that are currently happening or coming soon are synchronized. SmartCloud Connect uses the following criteria for tasks and calendar events:
- Tasks: SmartCloud Connect synchronizes either incomplete tasks or tasks which are Due or Modified since the last 2 weeks. Older tasks are skipped.
- Calendar Events: SmartCloud Connect synchronizes events which are between 2 weeks in the past and 2 months in future. Older meetings or meeting which happen in more than 2 months are skipped.
Choosing Which Contacts to Synchronize
For contacts, you can further refine your synchronization criteria:
- In the Contacts block, click Customize.
- Choose one of the following options:
- All contacts – synchronize all available contacts
- Only my contacts – synchronize your contacts only, that is the contacts where you are a contact owner
- Custom view (and then select the desired Salesforce contact view) – synchronize contacts available in the selected Salesforce view only
- Click Save to save your selection.
Disabling the Server-Side Deletion of Tasks and Contacts
If you do not want to have your tasks or contacts deleted in Salesforce after you delete them in Exchange or Outlook, do the following:
- In the Dashboard, under Sync settings, click Detailed Settings.
- For the record type you need, turn on the switch to disable the deletion in Salesforce.
Once the deletion is disabled, any attempt to delete a task or contact from Exchange will result in these records to be restored.