With SmartCloud Connect Add-In/Chrome Extension, you can search for any existing Salesforce records or create new records of any type that will be associated with your email or activity.
Finding Relevant Information in Salesforce
To search for the existing Salesforce records, do the following:
- In the SmartCloud Connect Add-In/Chrome Extension, in the Search in box, enter your search criteria.
- In the list of record types, select the type of the record you want to search for. To search for records of all types, select Salesforce. Search results will appear as record cards.
Adding New Data to Salesforce
To create a new Salesforce record, do the following:
- In the New list, select the type of the Salesforce record you want to create.
- In the dialog box that appears, fill in the important fields. Note that some fields are already pre-filled with the relevant data from your email message or activity (appointment or meeting). You can also deselect the Show only important fields check box to see all available fields for the record; when selected, SmartCloud Connect will show only the fields that are required and that were filled with data.
- Click Create to save the record to Salesforce. If you want to immediately see this record as a card in SmartCloud Connect, click the SmartCloud Connect logo to refresh the view.