When using a compatible Outlook and Exchange version, you can leverage the SmartCloud Connect Outlook Add-In for direct reach-through from your e-mail inbox to Salesforce.
The SmartCloud Connect Outlook Add-In works in context of your email or meeting and provides you with rich contextual information from Salesforce and actions to process the email message in a most efficient way.
To open the SmartCloud Connect Add-In, do one the following:
- In Microsoft Outlook for Windows or for Mac, on the Home tab (or on the Message tab in the compose window), in the Salesforce group, click Open SmartCloud Connect.
- In Outlook Web App, click the SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce icon in the toolbar.
- In Microsoft Outlook for iOS, tap the Add-ins icon and then tap Open SmartCloud Connect in the Add-ins dialog box.
Logging In to Your Salesforce Account
When you open the Add-In/Extension for the first time, you need to log in to your Salesforce account.
To log in to your “normal” Salesforce account, do the following:
- Click the Sign in to my Salesforce account button.
- In the “Login | Salesforce” dialog box, specify your Salesforce username and password.
- Click Log In.
To log in to Salesforce Sandbox, do the following:
- Click the Sign in to Salesforce Sandbox link.
- In the “Login | Salesforce” dialog box, specify your Salesforce Sandbox username and password.
- Click Log In to Sandbox.
To log in to your Community Cloud account, do the following:
- Click My Customer/Partner Community.
- In the field, specify your community URL.
- Click the Sign In to Customer/Partner Account link.
- In the the “Authorization Required” dialog box, specify your username and password.
- Click Login.
Alternatively, if you want to try SmartCloud Connect without specifying your Salesforce account, click the Skip and continue with test one button.