Using SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce with Gmail¶
SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce and Gmail provides a seamless integration between Salesforce and your Gmail mailbox and Google Calendar. After adding the SmartCloud Connect extension to Google Chrome, you will be able to:
- Instantly get access to the Salesforce records that are relevant to your currently opened email message
- Create new or search for existing Salesforce records right from your Gmail mailbox
- Save new contacts to Salesforce or share existing contacts between Salesforce and Gmail
- Save emails and email attachments from Gmail to Salesforce
- Create new or edit existing Salesforce tasks
- Share Google Calendar events with Salesforce
- Use the Salesforce’s collaboration tool Chatter
- Track sent emails
- Customize the SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce extension.
For information on how to install the SmartCloud Connect extension, see “Signing Up with SmartCloud Connect for Salesforce and Gmail”.
After signing in to Gmail or Google Calendar, the SmartCloud Connect extension will be shown in the pane on the right-hand side of the window. You can show or hide this pane at any time.
To show or hide the pane with the SmartCloud Connect extension, do the following:
- In Gmail or Google Calendar, click the Salesforce button.
You can interact with Salesforce via the extension while:
- Viewing an email message, either in Inbox, Sent Mail, or any other folder
- Composing a new email message
- Viewing or creating an event in Google Calendar